Complete and sign the application from the link above if you are interested in a specific posted job opportunity. Completed applications can be emailed to email@example.com or sent to our mailing address at PO BOX 668, Bakersfield, CA 93302, Attn: HR.
Applications can also be picked up and dropped off at 3500 Buck Owens Blvd, Bakersfield, CA 93308.
We are currently recruiting for the following careers:Posted 9/12/18
The Role: Financial Analyst
We are currently seeking a Financial Analyst to be a key part of the finance & accounting team based at the JSC Agricultural Supply office in Bakersfield, CA. supporting all of the departments within the company as well as our retail locations in Delano & Santa Rosa. This position is expected to provide both financial and strategic business leadership and communicate effectively with senior management. The Financial Analyst is responsible for providing analyses to departments and operations within the company as well as reporting to our shareholders.
Here's what you'll do:
- Efficiently compile, organize and analyze complex financial information and raw data; interpret data to explain past financial performance and project future results
- Develop, manage, and report financial results to Senior Leadership and collaborate with each department to monitor budget adherence and ensure proper financial decisions
- Analyze, track, and assign production expenses to product lines to develop cost of goods standard rates
- Aid in the development and execution of the annual budget and quarterly forecasts for the company, focusing on the underlying business drivers, key financial and operating metrics, and relative sensitivity analysis
- Take an active role evaluating our current ERP to better extract data for analysis
- Provide assistance to Senior Leadership with ad-hoc analytical projects as assigned
As part of completing these responsibilities, it will be necessary for the Analyst to build and maintain strong relationships throughout the organization. This position also requires actively partnering with cross-functional teams throughout the organization in order to understand production expenses and the main KPI’s that drive efficiency. The Analyst is responsible for all aspects of their analyses: formulating the plan, determining the data requirements, extracting and manipulating the data, conducting the analyses, determining the conclusions and then communicating those to the working team in a concise and organized fashion. The Analyst will regularly interact with the Senior Leadership team and must be able to do so in a confident and professional manner.
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Statistics or a related field is required. Accounting degree is preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years of progressive experience in finance, accounting or a related field
- Superior analytical and reporting skills with the ability to resolve issues and develop new processes when necessary
- Ability to analyze large volumes of data, including ability to effectively communicate findings and recommendations in a concise and intuitive manner
- Advanced experience in Excel is preferred -- including building and maintaining financial models; SAP experience a plus
- Outstanding verbal/written communication, presentation, organizational and teamwork skills are required
- Self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented and have the ability to work with limited supervision in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial small-team environment
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize and work quickly/accurately under pressure and with constantly shifting priorities to meet deadlines/deliverables
- Flexibility to work additional hours as needed
Great opportunities. Competitive benefits, 401k, medical, dental, vision, etc. Jim's Supply Company's benefits are designed to balance work and life needs now and in the future. If you have any questions about career opportunities at Jim's Supply Company, Inc., please contact our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jim's Supply Company Inc. is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to a policy of compliance with all federal, state and local laws regarding nondiscrimination in employment. No questions included in our application process are intended to secure information to be used for unlawful purposes. Consistent with the provisions of the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), applicants may request accommodations needed to participate in the application process.